Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Mama's Blender Pancakes

I can't help it, I want to share a recipe that I have now made three times with amazing kid success. What I love about this recipe is that it's super simple to make, clean-up is reasonable, and it has ingredients that are good for growing kids. Winner in my book!

This recipe makes pancakes so light that it's close to a crepe. Almost Swedish pancake-esque but without all the hassle of whipping up egg whites.

  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp oil (I use canola)
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
In a blender combine all the ingredients and blend thoroughly. Heat griddle over medium heat and pour batter straight from the blender onto hot griddle - about 1/4 cup for each pancake. Once bubbles begin to form, flip the pancakes and finish cooking on the opposite side.

Personal notes: My kids like it with peanut butter, but I bet it would be divine with fresh berries or anything else you might eat on a crepe. To cut down on the yolks I use 4 whole eggs and the whites from 3 eggs. I use 1% cottage cheese and milk. I use half whole wheat for the flour. I plan to try it with oatmeal the next time I make these.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

only half a cup of flour?? Is that right? Looks more like an egg recipe with 1/2 a cup of flour

Honduras Sprout said...

You read right! Half a cup of flour.

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

These look amazing! I will have to try them sometime soon! I will of course be using all the yolks and either olive oil or coconut oil (no veggie oils for us). I think it would be good with dried blueberries in too!

Lynette said...

Oh yummy. Thanks. I'll be trying this soon.

Unknown said...

And you used one of my favorite Spanglish words. Panqueques! I just love the sound of the word.

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

We loved them: http://livesimplylovestrongly.blogspot.com/2009/06/pancakes.html

Grimfairy said...

I'm a major fan of bananas & cinnamon. I will definitely try your recipe though. My tummy is grumbling as I type.