Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The Big Quake

Wow, it's been a month since I last wrote! I have got a few questions about the earthquake, but being in the states, I feel somewhat removed from the whole event/s happening down there. I will say, that I'd like all the aftershocks and little earth quakes to be settled down by the time I get back there. Which, by the way, I'm hoping will be the end of June or the beginning of July. I have so much organizing to do I don't want to rush back - especially now.

Papá called me about a half hour after it hit. I was so shocked to get a phone call from him at that hour, I nearly fell down the stairs heading down to get the phone. (I could tell it was from him b/c of the speaker called ID). I ran down the stairs in the dark and hit bottom before my brain told me there were no more steps and I landed on all fours and crawled the rest of the 5 feet or so to the phone. I could tell he was scared and even though he knew we were safe in our beds in MN, he needed to hear my voice on the other end saying that we were okay. I suppose it did have a "the sky is falling" - end of the world feeling. He said it was like "rocking in a hammock".

The blogosphere is full of great people that write about things going on in Honduras. If you'd like to read about some first hand experiences of the quake from people living in Honduras, written by some awesome bloggers follow the links.

  1. Sowers4Pastors
  2. La Gringa's Blogicito
  3. Karine and Tom in Honduras
On a Sprout blog sidenote - I started messing around with the background of the blog and never finished what I started (big surprise) and so it's just plain white for now.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

That's scarry. I'm glad to hear your hubby is okay. Luckily my fiance is from the state of Valle, so nothing there.