Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Sister Sprout!

Tomorrow is Sister's 10th birthday. It's hard to believe I have a 10 year old. What a blessing to me she has been in so many ways. She is a beautiful girl inside and out.

On Friday we brought cake to share with the class. A box cake that I made into cupcakes. I didn't want to mess around with cutting and making a mess. I forgot how sweet those cakes can be. Toothache city. Especially with the frosting from the tub. The photos were taken in groups. One with girls and the other with the boys. I also took a video of them singing Happy Birthday to her. I think the way the kids sing the song is so cute! With their little accents and whoops or what ever it is that they do. Here's the video


We celebrated last night with two girlfriends at Applebee's (Sister's favorite restaurant from the states) at the City Mall. After dinner the girls burned off energy running around. It was so wonderful to see Sister laughing and playing. I worry, you know, about her adjusting and being a happy little girl.

Unfortunately, I can't share photos from dinner because I forgot the card reader for my camera in the computer because I was downloading the video I took in her class. One of her friends spent the night and stayed all day today too. When we went to drop her off, we talked with her mother for a while and she was such a nice lady. We basically said that our girls are welcome at each others homes anytime. What a blessing that they can be friends.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER SPROUT!!!
I didn't realize that our girls were so close in age. Jordan turns 10 on December 3rd. She looks like she had a fun time!

Applebees - the three times I ate at Applebees here in the US I got food poisoning, I wonder if I would fare better at an Applebees in Honduras, LOL.

~Jennifer

Trish said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Sister Sproooooouuuuuuuuuuuut, Happy Birthday to you!

My youngest daughter just turned 11. We should get all three of them together for a party, when Jennifer's crew arrives in country!

Oh, and thanks, Sister, for your nice comments when you visited my blog the other day. I'm glad you like to read it. Maybe you can come visit us sometime, and see Gorgeous and Handsome in person (in chicken?). That would be fun!