Sunday, July 01, 2007

How Hondurans Cut Grass

I took this video of two boys cutting our neighbors grass with my cell phone so I apologize for the grainy resolution. Papa hired them last week to cut our yard. They live in a little community along the road just down from our colonia. The income that these boys make will probably go to feed their families and from what Papa tells me, this kind of work makes them "a lot" of money for a short days work of about 300 limpiras ($15.80 US).

I've seen some people cutting grass with a weed-whacker type of thing. This looks a bit more back-breaking. The boys use a machete to chop the grass down

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my I've heard that they use machetes to cut grass and boy it looks like hard work! I definitely would have back problems after doing that! I sure give 'em credit!