Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Back in the US


We made it back from Honduras. It was an amazing trip. 2 weeks is a long time, but it also flew by.
We didn't get much to the internet cafes that are all over the place down there. It was hard to carve out enough time for showers and meals between the fun things we did and places we saw. But I did like to sneak away in Copan for some computer face time a few times. Here I am typing away before our new camera got dropped and broke the next day :O(.
I'm more comfortable in Copan not only b/c it's a very safe little town, but b/c so many there are tourists and have skin as white as mine.
Speaking of white skin. I have gotten a few comments about my lack of tan when I got back. I just wasn't too concerned with getting sun. I did get some, but I was wearing good sunscreen and with the kids, I didn't want them to be out in the sun too much with me. We sure enjoyed the warm weather though. The kids loved it immediately and we could barely put Brother Sprout in the car b/c he just wanted to run around all the time.
I wished I could write about so many things, but maybe I will save that for future posts. I feel like I look like I've aged 5 years in the last 6 months. Yes, I know it's bound to happen, I'm gonna get old, but I really over worked myself the last 6 months or more and the lack of sleep staying up on the internet is not so good for the youthful glow I'm trying to hold onto... at least until my wrinkles get too deep. So I'm trying to get disciplined and go to bed earlier to get my "beauty rest".

No comments: