Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Good Friday

Yesterday for Good Friday, the church we attend held an annual pot luck picnic on the property of a woman who's ministry in Honduras is to host medical teams when they come to help the poor and needy receive medical care and treatment. The woman has lived in Honduras for quite a few years and has raised two children in Honduras.

This is one interesting thing about attending an English speaking church in Honduras. With a large group of church members in missions, you get to know a lot of the ministries going on. It's pretty inspiring. We often have the visiting mission groups coming in and hear lots of first hand experiences.

The location of the picnic was near Lake Yajoa about an hour away from SPS. I love the area. You can see the property is just below some gorgeous mountains. The concrete buildings that you see in the photos are where the medical teams stay in. The owner and operator of the ministry has a modest but very quaint home on the property too. I'll let the slide show and video show more of our fun afternoon.



Here are some videos of the slip & slide. Wheeee!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I went and looked at all the pics on your flickr account, since I wanted to look at them when they werent moving, LOL. And I forgot to come back and post that it looked like a fun time was had by everyone. I liked that slip and slide though! I may have to make on of those for our house!

You have been tagged too, if you do tags :)
~Jennifer

Anonymous said...

EMMA,I SAW YOU ON THE SLIP AN SLIDE, IT LOOKED LIKE FUN I WISH I WAS THERE WITH YOU. SEE YOU IN THE SUMMER.

LOVE,
MCKENNA