Guess what! I've been tagged. This is my first so I have to give it a shot and well...I just know you have all have pondered this - right? Coco at Ambrosia tagged me. So without further ado, here are the 5 random things about me that come to mind. But before that here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules. 2. Share 5 facts about yourself. 3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them) 4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
5 Things about me you didn't know:
1. I took piano lessons from the age of 5 until I was about 17. My piano playing is not what it should be having paid for that many years of lessons.
2. I'm petrified of pills (aka: phobia). Anything that I have to take that I've never taken before freaks me out for some reason and I have to talk myself out of an anxiety attack.
3. I don't eat celery, cucumbers or mushrooms. I avoid having to eat these things. I will pick them out if I can without being rude to anyone. In my opinion celery and cucumbers can ruin a perfectly good dish. Mushrooms, well, it's a texture thing.
4. I love history. I liked my anthropology class in college. I completely enjoyed my art history classes which happened to be at 8 or 9 am. The lights would be low and we'd look at slides all hour, which made it hard to stay awake but I was fascinated. I love the History channel. If only we could get it in English here. I prefer reading period pieces as well as watching period movies. I have really gotten into biblical history too at times. It's an area that I like learning about.
5. When I was a child I could not say my R's. For example, if I said rabbit, it came out "wabbit". I once made a tape recording to send to my grandpa of me playing a song on the piano. I introduced the song and said, "Hi gwandpa, I'm going to play you Fwisky Fwog." My grandfather played that tape for years after he got such a kick out of it and I'm not sure where it ended up. In 3rd grade I had to take speech classes to learn to say my R's. And yes...my name has an R in it and it was torture when someone asked what my name was.
There. Now you know 5 things about me. Now who should I tag?? I don't have a huge amount of blogger buddies and I really need to go cook dinner so I have to think fast...hmmm.
You know what? I'm just going to take the easy way out. I'll tag no one but feel free to follow my lead and list 5 things about yourself on your blog but make sure to let me know.