Thursday, August 31, 2006

Moving Sale- Pennies On The Dollar

The past few weeks have been...well, a bit crazy.
After practically killing myself trying to get the house cleaned out and ready to put on the market Sept 5th, I had a melt down on Monday morning after a crazy weekend of trying to do too much and feeling like I had a marathon still to run. My dear, wonderful husband patiently listens to me as I rant and rave, which the bulk of the amo is fired at him. He's learned that my rants will pass and we will be laughing again in a day or so. I love that he knows me like that. Anyway...
So after all this, to make a long story short- We decided to postpone putting the house on the market until I am more prepared. I also am going to take a stab at marketing the house on my own. But we'll see how it goes. Right now I'm just trying to wrap up a few home projects.

I had a garage sale on Saturday. I live in a growing but still mostly lower middle class neighborhood so trying to make a buck here is not so easy. I had a $40 camping grill that we used ONE TIME along with a full fuel tank (retail $5) selling both items together for $10 and this guy had it all taken apart and was really looking it over and then says...I'll pay you $5. WHAT??? You know...I think I would feel better giving it away to someone who wasn't trying to rob me. And this is just one example. People show up expecting everything to be $0.25 otherwise nothing moves. Why am I killing myself putting this all together? Sitting all day out in the hot sun, trying to hassle with my kids, stay up half the night setting up, run around putting up signs and all this to make pennies on the dollar??? Ugh!
I managed to make about $100 Saturday. I was practically giving things away I had them priced so good. But it really depressed me. I felt like these people come and they pick through my life and it's all for sale for mere pennies.
I miss my junk...I miss my stuff. Why is it that having stuff that I don't really need, makes me feel happy? I will never buy things the same way. After seeing what I did in Honduras and now having to practically give my house away so I can move...
But I love stuff. It's like a drug. It's hard to quit.
"So what has Papa been up to?"
I've been getting lots and lots of questions on what Papa has been doing. He has been busy trying to work on and develop various business opportunities. He has a few that are very close to making some income. Honduras is definitely a country full of opportunity. We just need to find the right one on our budget. For now, know that he is doing everything he possibly can to get us in a position to be together as a family. There are days I feel extremely impatient, there are days when I feel doubtful, but I'm learning how to let God take control and work out His plans for us. It's not easy when I wish there was a magic wand I could wave and all things would be figured out. But everything will work out. We have faith in that.
Verse to remember:
I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
~Jeremiah 29:11




No comments: